Social Native is a technology company reinventing how brands conceptualize and create content. Our content engine connects brands with a diverse group of epic content creators, globally, to create high-performing, cost effective branded content on demand. Social Native partners with some of the most influential brands in the world including Polaroid, Walgreens, and General Motors. Founded by veterans of Salesforce, Google, Scopely, and Applied Semantics whose past startups have created over $6B in equity value, we're building another industry transforming company. We're off to a fantastic start, and we're looking for A+ players to help take us to the next level.
Founded by veterans of Salesforce, Google, Scopely and Applied Semantics whose past startups have created over $6B in equity value, we're building another industry transforming company. We're off to a fantastic start, and we're looking for A+ players to help take us to the next level.
The VP of Engineering at Social Native will act as the managing lead for our ever-growing team of software engineers. You will lead this team using the latest technologies to develop a high performing, seamless platform to deliver high-quality content to brands and agencies. You will have a hand in architecture, design, and implementation as you thoughtfully lead a team of highly skilled engineers in Los Angeles and remote.
Social Native's technology allows brands to quickly and economically create hundreds of high quality, personalized images, and videos through our global network of exceptional micro-influencers. Our content has proven to outperform traditional content, for a fraction of the cost.
- Lead our engineering team by owning their processes, priorities, and long-term goals.
- Improve individual contributors' and managers' performance, processes, and quality across the whole engineering team.
- Partner with Leadership Teams, Product, Account Manager, Sales, Finance, and Marketing to ensure company goals are aligned and met.
- Contribute to the product roadmap and resource planning/allocation.
- Help to recruit, hire, and retain top engineering talent. Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (e.g. HackerRank tests).
- Work with the product management team to implement and prioritize across multiple product lines. Show good judgement in trade-offs and schedules.
- Promptly resolve issues faced during operationalization by working with different stakeholders. Provide thought leadership and recommendations to stakeholders based on best practices and experience working in a diverse environment.
- We expect that you exceed a majority of our senior engineers as an individual contributor, and that you surpass any of our Engineering Directors as a manager
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a developer (ideally still hands on)
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field
- MySQL / Postgres
- React.js / Redux
- Webpack + Babel
- Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services)
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Relational Database Service
- Elastic Container Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Simple Storage Service
- Simple Notification Service
Engineering Culture at SN
- Follow best practices.
- Use the best tool for the job.
- Write quality code.
- Own and contribute to the product.
- Be humble and respect the ideas of others.
We love working at Social Native and we think you will too! See what it's like to work at a fast-paced, venture-backed tech startup. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, we've recently moved into our own building and aim to fill it with smart, driven, fun people, that are eager to take ownership of meaty projects and be a part of building something great.
- Competitive salary
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Ground floor startup opportunity
- Company outings and events